We Are Premier San Francisco Bay Area-Based Human Resources Consultants
Strategic, business-centric HR as a powerful catalyst for positive change.
We believe that HR needs to proactively optimize overall business performance — not just act as a simple administrative function.
In fact, we don’t think of ourselves as just HR consultants!
We see ourselves as organizational performance consultants and strategic HR leaders who help our clients to grow. We’re all about human resourcefulness, inspired performance, real business results, and positive workplace culture.
The Four Pillars of Success
Not your typical management consulting or HR firm, The Pendolino Group’s services revolve around what we consider the Four Pillars of Success:
Strategic Planning & Visioning
Leadership Training & Development
Strategic Compensation & Benefits
Performance & Engagement
“We believe in challenging the status quo. Our mission is to revolutionize the work environment
in order to create a new breed of corporate culture: one based on collaborative
partnerships based on mutual respect, trust, and a desire to grow.
We work to foster an environment of compassion, gratitude, and self-respect so
that in business – as in life – meaningful relationships matter.”
— DIANNA WILUSZ, CEO
We Bring a Wealth of Experience to the Table
You’ll be happy to discover that we don’t act like your typical outsourced HR consultants either!
As HR business leaders, we bring a wealth of long-term, strategic expertise to the table (over 100+ years collectively across our team). This means we’ve sat at the boardroom table and helped to make critical business decisions based on optimizing human performance.
We’ve also sat on your side of the desk, and we’re intimately familiar with the challenges of daily HR operations. We consider ourselves to be part of your team, internal partners driven by your company’s goals and values. We embed ourselves into your team to affect positive results because we believe that performance matters.
Our team consists of a dedicated group of elite HR professionals with a wealth of experience across a wide range of industries.
Our partners and consultants have extensive experience in key areas of the human resources world — Strategic Planning and Visioning, Compensation and Benefits, Training and Leadership Development, and Executive Coaching and Advice.
Our team is also supported by a handpicked team of specialists with the technical skills to make each phase of your HR package run smoothly.
Some of our clients retain us for a High-Level Executive Coaching Engagement or to create a Compensation and Benefits Program to reward long-standing employees and attract new talent.
Others are looking for strategic help aligning their vision and help with management and operations, while some clients are simply seeking day-to-day support for specific or broad HR needs.
Then there are the clients who are eagerly searching for the right system to collect and analyze the “people information” that makes up their company’s culture. No matter what it is, we are flexible in our approach to ensure that you get the level of support you need and the results that will make the difference.
Common Challenges Our Clients Face
- “We want to get all of our employees engaged in a common vision.”
- “I have no idea if my employees are working on the correct goals. How do I get them aligned to real business results?”
- “We tried for years to develop an internal strategic planning process and it’s not working.”
- “I am really worried that our company cannot execute to our strategic plan.”
- “How do we know that our strategic plan is really going to achieve our vision?”
- “Our competitors are gaining ground on us. How do we raise the bar and set KPI’s that sustain success?”
- “We need a methodology that we can use year in and year out. One that gets us excited!”
- “There are so many different ways to strategically plan. We need a process that is simple and has high impact with a focus on results.”
- “We need someone from the outside to challenge us and to make us think on a different level. We can’t do this ourselves.”
- “We haven’t provided any leadership development in years.”
- “Our employee termination data repeatedly points to the fact that employees leave because of their leaders inability to motivate and inspire them.”
- “We have got to get back to leadership basics. We assume our leaders know what to do, but they don’t.”
- “How do we get our leaders to emotionally connect with their employees?”
- “We can’t figure out how to lead and motivate the Millennial generation. They are so different.”
- “Our 9-Box performance grid is based on what an employee does and how they do it. How do we get our leaders to tap into an employee’s emotional energy?”
- “Because of a lack of career development programs in-house, we are losing leaders to our competition.”
- “We know our leaders are our competitive advantage. How do we tap into the most of what they can do?”
- “Our goal writing sucks! How do we get employees to write goals that really matter and are measurable?”
- “We need to get our leaders and employees to speak a common language around performance. How do we do this?”
- “Our people need feedback on what they are doing and how they are doing it.”
- “Managers don’t know how to set goals and they don’t know how to give feedback.”
- “What should we measure our employees on anyway? Our business changes too fast and our leadership aren’t engaged with our performance management process.”
- “We need a new system, our forms are too complex. What are other companies doing?”
- “Managers and employees don’t talk and our employees have never been reviewed.”
- “What are OKRs? What are SMART goals? What is pay-for-performance?”
- “It’s too hard to set goals and give feedback – and it never really matters anyway because it is always so subjective. Reviews and 360 reviews are just a popularity contest.“
- “We need someone to help us sort all of this out, simplify the review process, make it objective and help our managers understand the importance.”
Retained Executive Advisor
- “We want to improve the way that our HR team operates and we need someone to join us who has experience.”
- “I’m a new CEO and need someone that I can talk to about my team. We need someone that understands what it is like to start a small business can get the basic HR things taken care of, and can be my confidant.”
- “We just don’t have enough people, time or budget to hire a full time HR person.”
- “We have some serious HR issues and need someone that can come in here and help us fix this.”
- “Too many good people have resigned in the last year and we are having trouble getting new people to join the team.”
- “We have someone on leave and need a temporary HR person to help with our compensation, HR Ops, Benefits, HR Business Partner, recruiting manager needs until our staff returns.”
- “We’re growing really fast and we want to create strong team. We need someone who understands HR systems, policies and programs that can help us get the right programs in place quickly.”